Minimally Invasive or Keyhole Surgery is a modern technique to cure many problems in the human body that require surgery or operation. The technique uses 2 to 4 small holes of 2.7 to 10mm diameter, in the abdomen to perform the operation on the internal body organs. No large cuts need to be made on the body as in earlier days that would not only be painful, take days to heal and in the end leave ugly scars. This has been replaced by single post surgery in which only a single incision is used.
The magic stick used to perform minimally invasive surgeries is called the laparoscope, an instrument that is inserted into the body through a small incision. Once inside, the laparoscope does the magic. It lights the inside and has a camera that itself is tiny but magnifies tiny body parts into manifold magnifications that can be seen on a TV monitor by the surgeon. The laparoscope facilitates the artistic hands of the surgeon to perform the operation with these procedures there is less pain, less scars and the patients recover faster.
As most of the operations are now being done using laparoscopy, there is a popular saying in medical circles which goes as follows
“A doctor without a scope has no scope”
The department at Shrimann is one of the most comprehensive and a pioneer in speciality services across India, consisting of general and laparoscopic surgeons, onco-surgeons and Bariatric surgeons.
Shrimann Superspeciality Hospital and its team of skilled surgeons perform advanced and minimally invasive surgeries to treat various conditions including hernia, varicose veins,Gallstones,Appendix, Obesity and Cancer
Laparoscopic surgery is the best for :
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy and Ovarian Cyst Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Lower Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Surgery
- Pancreas, Liver, Bile Duct and Gall Bladder Surgery
- Upper Gastrointestinal and Stomach Surgery
- Minimal scars after the surgery.
- Ensuring least amount of pain and bleeding during the process of operation.
- Single Post Surgery-A single incision is used for operations of the appendix, ovarian cyst, gallstones.It is aesthetically better and has an early postoperative recovery.